Laura’s Legacy Program
The Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation and education of the Ingalls-Wilder heritage in De Smet, South Dakota. Our mission is “Bringing the Laura Ingalls Wilder legacy to life today while preserving it for the future.”
The Laura’s Legacy Program is an annual campaign that is committed to preserving the original Ingalls family homes, schoolhouse, and artifacts in De Smet, South Dakota. Your thoughtful donation enables the Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society to share its collections and programs with visitors from all around the world each year!
To further our endeavor requires a strong financial foundation which is built by Laura fans such as yourself. This is your opportunity to make an annual fund donation to ensure our future.
Your donation will support:
- Educating children, families and the general public about pioneer life and history through Laura Ingalls Wilder’s “Little House” stories.
- Preservation of the original homes and schoolhouse of Laura and her family.
- Ongoing expansion, preservation and display of original Ingalls-Wilder artifacts.
- Offering educational programs to the public and state and region schools.
- Providing general maintenance to the Society’s building complex.
By helping the Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society keep the heritage alive for future generations, annual donors will receive the benefits listed below.