The Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society is one of South Dakota’s most famous tourist destinations. As a tour guide you will give entertaining and informative presentations about Laura Ingalls Wilder, her family, and their travels to our visitors, as well as, assisting in the Gift Shop.
Deadline April 1, 2019
The Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society’s internship program is a one of a kind learning experience that offers students an opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a museum at one of South Dakota’s most famous tourist destinations.
Social Media Internship
We are offering a 12-week learning opportunity for one student, who will become knowledgeable in all aspects of managing a tourism destination and understanding what travelers want from a first-hand view.
What You Will Learn:
- How to give an interesting and informative presentation to groups.
- Maintain our online community through Facebook, Vertical Response, Blog, Instagram, and other social medium platforms.
- Assist our Director with regional promotions and advertising.
- How to create, plan, and implement special events.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects specific to your goals and talents.