Take a virtual tour of our site!
Click on the video below to watch.
- Original Surveyors' House from "By the Shores of Silver Lake"
- Original Ingalls Home built by Charles "Pa" Ingalls in 1887-1889
- Original First School of De Smet attended by Laura and her sister, Carrie
- The Discovery Center for some hands-on fun!
- Exhibition view original Ingalls-Wilder artifacts
- Costumed Guides!
Visitors travel from across the globe to the wind-swept prairies to walk the path of Laura Ingalls Wilder and tour her family's historic homes.
Come visit us in De Smet and experience Laura's "Little Town on the Prairie."
Come to experience our heritage as the "Little Town on the Prairie." You’ll witness wide open spaces and enjoy an outdoor paradise. What you’ll find is a vibrant, modern LITTLE town, with friendly people and the same spirit of family, hospitality, integrity, and opportunism always found on the frontier.
De Smet offers a variety of attractions as well as dining and lodging options.